Last week i was in hospital as I was severly anemic and had to get a blood transfusion , 3 pints , I woke up yesterday and my toes are sore to touch ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
60 years experience in Internal Medicine
Sore toes: If there is no evidence of inflammation of the toes(redness,swelling),the sensitivity may be due to rather rapid raising of circulating blood after 3 units of blood were transfused. However this would be an unusual reaction. If painful or tender digits persist or worsen, or if signs of inflammation appear, consult your physician for evaluation.
Answered on Sep 23, 2016