Bahrain

been told high blood pressure. perscribed mirtazepine/romeron for ocd as hated ssri. will this affect my blood pressure due to weight potential gain?

Dr. Marie Beasley
Good thought : So, mirtazapine does not typically lead to high blood pressure on its own. Bury you are right that weight gain can cause high blood pressure. Mirtazapine can cause weight gain in some people. To avoid this, focus on making healthy lifestyle chooses. Increased daily activity and reducing sugar/carbohydrate intake are the best places to start when trying to manage weight. I hope this helps.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Possibly: Weight gain can elevate the blood pressure. You can counteract this tendency by a prudent diet with calorie and salt restriction, avoidance of excess alcohol, caffeine, no smoking and proper, regular exercise.
Dr. Jana Tomsky corvalan
Possibly: Some antidepressants as Remeron may increase appetite.,It is never good for BP to gain weight. Try to avoid fast food, sodas, sweets and gluten. and watch out for SODIUM IN FOOD- Read labels! Increase in veggies, fish , lean protein. Exercise regularly . check ur BP periodically and see our Doc.