U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old male asked:

I have a muscle tear or strain in my knee. it's now causing my foot to swell and pain occasionally to go up my leg. should i go back to the dr?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
It can get worse.: It certainly seems reasonable to seek the advice of a specialist that is experienced at treating knee injuries, if that is what you truly have. Seeking the help of an orthopedic surgeon would probably be a good choice.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 21, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.