i have hardened skin on two my fingers & after some time it get cracked and bleed, very painful. i tried hand lotion and other over the counter creams, but no luck.i am not sure, if this is hand eczema or something else. need some advice on medicine.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Joseph Bark
48 years experience Dermatology
Hand eczema?: There are certain limitations imposed by this format which include the lack of a photograph of the skin lesions about which you requested information. So it's impossible to tell you the correct diagnosis and/or therapy. My Best advice would be to call and make an appointment with the dermatologist. Hand eczema can be severe, and water is your deadly enemy. Washing your hands frequently and using
Answered on Sep 19, 2016
1
Dr. Barry Auster
46 years experience Dermatology
See below : Use newskin in the cracks and apply Vaseline over it with a band-aid or finger cot
Answered on Apr 23, 2020