Stockbridge, GA

I was moving a bed frame and nicked my leg with it i did bleed a little.. what are my chances of getting tetnus? it was a little rusty i cleaned it and put neosporn on it.. don't remember the last tetnus shot i had..

Dr.
Significant.: If it has been more than 5 years you need to get your tetanus updated. 10 years for clean wounds. If you live in the States you probably had to be current when you were in school. Wash it out well in the meantime.
Dr. Jana Tomsky corvalan
Unlikely.., but: If you nicked skin and cleaned well ... if not dirty with outdoor soil it is most unlikely that Tetanus spores would be present in such environment as bed frame..,BUT IT IS GOOD IDEA ... to keep your shots up to date. There is available either plain tetanus shot or combination of Tetanus with Whooping cough.( Tdap)... get it soon.
Dr.
Tetanus vaccine: I agree with Stephen, basic cleaning and dressing of the wound is essential. if the wound is Clean and minor , tetanus vaccine will be required only if given ≥10 years ago. All other wounds will require tetanus vaccine only if last dose given ≥5 years ago you can also discuss with your doctor the possibility of having vaccine for tetanus combined with whooping cough
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Tetanus?: I was moving a bed frame and nicked my leg with it I did bleed a little.. What are my chances of getting tetnus? It was a little rusty I cleaned it and put neosporn on it.. Don't remember the last tetnus shot I had. ANS: your chances are not zero. And if you get it you die. I would recommend seeing your Dr.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017