United Kingdom

is antibacterial soap dangerous to health when you have eczema? i wash my hands several times/day & my skin is very dry n soaks it up n goes splotchy

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
The dryness: rather is what hurts your skin in general, and more when you have eczema. Wash your skin, but keep moisturizing right after washing, unfortunately some antibacterial soaps cause more dryness, try one with a moisturizer or apply any moisturizer right after patting your hands dry, while skin is still damp. If still not improving, see your dermatologist, best wishes