India

not a drinker. my ultrasnd says mild enlarged & fatty liver. i'v high biliru- 2.1(dir-0.5,ind-1.6).sgpt/sgot- just high. alp - ok ,proteins - ok.lipid profile - ok. panc - ok. esr -8, cbc- normal, blood sug - ok, kidney -ok.no hep b/c. is it serious?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Large fatty liver: What were your lipids? What is your B12? vgetarian? Increased bili is seen in low B12 and NAFLD is associated.. Also unconjugated bili is from hemolysis ( meds or G6PD-middle east), B- thalessemia( congenital), medications, diseases affecting conjugation( Gilbert's-Mediterranean ) Exposed to chemicals? carbon tetrachloride medications? gemfibrizol? Would avoid tylenol (acetaminophen) f/u/ w /doc
Dr. Mohammad Shahzad
Specializes in Internal Medicine
NASH: Please read about NASH It leads to cirrhosis of liver Should see and follow up with gastroenterologist as there is new drug available for NASH/ fatty liver Also drink 2-3 cups of black Coffey ( no sweetener/ no milk/cream) daily