Sri Lanka

i got a high bilirubin of 1.99 & mildly high sgpt/sgot. alp-ok, albumin/globulin - ok. blood hb 14.4. hep b & c- no. pancreas enzymes - ok.i got v bad mucus stool yestrday. my gp rx'd metronidazole 400 & rifaximin 550. r they safe for liver?

Dr. Warren Wolfe
Need more info: The medications that you mention are serious medications. On would have to know more about you medically to assess the fact of mixing these medications. Please consult with with your family physician who knows you better
Dr. Yelena Kipervas
Explanation : Your liver enzymes are normal and this reflects the normal liver function. Please, continue the prescribed medications. This's important for recovery.