Australia

What is a urine m/c/s and what is it used for?

Dr. Marissa Chesney
General Practice 13 years experience
Test: Test acronyms vary by institution, but it most likely means a urinalysis with microscopic examination, culture, and sensitivity. It is a urine test that will determine whether you have a urinary tract infection, and if so, what bacteria is causing it and what antibiotic would best treat the infection.
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Urinalysis: When urine is tested in the office it is usually tested with a dipstick that changes color and gives us an indication of whether or not there is infection or other changes, Other tests include Microscopy/ Culture and Sensitivity. These tests tell us what type of cells there are, what organism causes the infection and what antibiotics it is sensitive to