U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

When i inhale/ take a deep breath this popping/ cracking sound starts in my chest. why is that? and what kind of doc should i go to?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Kimberly Umhoefer
27 years experience
Primary care: Should see your primary care physician who can evaluate you and decide if you need to see a specialist such as a pulmonologist. Symptoms might be from pleurisy or chest congestion that your doctor could treat.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 17, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.