When i breath in deep i feel and hear a bubble or pop sound on the bottom right side of my ribs. only other symptom i have is having to clear my throat of thick mucus. what could the bubbling, popping, wheezing noise on the bottom of my rib?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Wheeze: This unusual location for a wheeze may also be caused by some mucus in the right bronchial tree and could be a form of asthmatic bronchitis. I would expect an associated cough if this were the case. Do you cough up any mucus? Do you wheeze if you take in a deep breath and blow it out forcefully through your mouth? If symptoms persist, see your physician for evaluation,diagnosis and treatment.
Last updated Sep 23, 2017