Laredo, TX

i have a painless lump in my left nipple i just found i got my nipple twisted really bad when i was a teen. is this breast cancer or just scar tissue?

Need exam: Breast cancer does occur in males but is quite rare.This may be residual tissue from adolescent gynecomastia, a process that can cause nipple/breast enlargement during puberty that usually fades after a year or so.Scar tissue might be a possibility, but it is worth a doc visit at your age to sort out the true cause. At that time you can explore having it removed.
Pathology 44 years experience
Is it stable?: If it has been stable for a time, it's scar, gynecomsstia, or just a big gland. A 23 year old man has almost zero risk of breast cancer.
Pathology 44 years experience
Provided original answer
Thanks for the follow-up. Gynecomastia is often unilateral (one side). Nobody knows why.
Aug 14, 2016