U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Wilbraham, MA
A 19-year-old female asked:

Hello..i am starting to get concerned with my body. i have been having these painful bumps come on and off my vaginal area for about a year. i went to see a doctor and they said i had a bacteria infection and gave me perscription medicine. right now i am

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Scott Hacking
Family Medicine 19 years experience
Bumps: The best thing to do is to get a blood test for HSV 1 and HSV2 IgG. If they are negative, this will prove you don't have herpes. If they are positive, it can confirm it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.