Jefferson Hills, PA

I use nuvaring and was just prescribed provigil/modafinil. will i still be protected against pregnancy and will my periods still be regulated?

Dr. Paul Williams
Nuvaring ?s: Unfortunately the safest answer is possibly. Modafinil may reduce the effectiveness of hormonal contraceptives. Modafinil increases the body's metabolism of the hormones in the Nuvaring which could reduce the effectiveness. It may also diminish the ability of the Nuvaring to regulate your menses. Speak to the prescriber of both and see if there are alternatives for you . Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 9, 2016