U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Plano, TX
A 54-year-old male asked:

What could cause imbalance or vertigo like sensation when walking and setting. ear vng test and brian/head mri/mra, and blood work all were normal.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gary Greenly
Family Medicine 38 years experience
House ear clinic: Your problem has no easy answer. If all of the studies you named have been performed, and are negative, then you need to pursue this with an institution that focuses on vertigo. Transient vertigo can be a simple matter of a viral inner ear infection. However, if it does not resolve in 7-10 days something else is going on. The house ear clinic in california is the go to place for this typeofissue.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 7, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.