i popped my knee out of place and it popped back in but now my whole leg hurts and is swelling ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
48 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Let me help you: I do believe you did popped your cap or you could popped a torn cartilage or loose body in the knee or many other things could cause that popping. In any event this will cause the knee reaction and reaction of muscles around the knee and that will cause what are you talking about. All the above need a doctor to take of it (orthopedic surgeon). Good luck.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
1
Dr. Christopher Ferguson
18 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
See a doctor: It sounds like you may have dislocated your knee cap (patella). This is fairly common in young females in particular. You need to see an orthopedic surgeon or sports med doctor for evaluation and treatment.
Answered on Aug 23, 2013