New Zealand

I hurt my knee and the spain is getting worse. my foot was planted on the ground. there is swelling clicking and there was a popping sound when i did ?

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
See a Dr.: Your description makes it sound like a severe injury.
Dr. Aruna Adaikkalam
Go to the ER .: You will need a x-ray to r/o a fracture. Keep ice covered with cloth over the knee to reduce the pain and swelling till you go. As you hear a clicking sound there is a possibility of a small fracuture , lying loose in the joint cavity.Avoid weight bearing on that knee by now and get transported with somebody's help . If hospital is little far, take Motrin if you are not allergic till you reach er.

Last updated Jan 25, 2021