37 yrs old this year alone broke right foot twice, knee swelling/popping out of place, now broke pelvic bone. could it be a medication i am on?

2 doctor answers
24 years experience Psychiatry
That is a lot of : Fractures in one year. Unless one was a stunt woman or very clumsy -this is difficult to explain. I reviewed side effect profiles for phenergan, (promethazine) Alprazolam ; Apriso - and found no association with fractures. If you have found yourself more injury prone, Alprazolam can lead to difficulty with coordination, clumsiness etc. This warrants further exploration.
Answered on Jun 24, 2014
Dr. Ronald Krauser
51 years experience Rheumatology
No: None of your meds listed have been associated with increased fracture risk. However, if you do have inflammatory bowel disease and have been on Prednisone in the past, that would be the likely cause. Get a bone density study (dexa scan) and start therapy if you are osteoporotic.
Answered on Jun 30, 2014
1