should i get an unopposed healthy wisdom tooth extracted a week before my wedding? it's bothering me since it's finally hitting my gums and mouth

2 doctor answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
40 years experience Dentistry
Tough call...: Although most extractions do not have major post operative pain or swelling, why take the chance? Have your dentist shave down the top of the tooth so it does not hit your opposing gums. That will temporarily resolve the issue. After the wedding, schedule the extraction.
Answered on Jul 29, 2016
1
Dr. Earl Sandroff
43 years experience Dentistry
No Not right before your wedding. Think...Mirphy's Law.
Jul 29, 2016
Dr. Arnold Malerman
53 years experience Orthodontics
See your Dentist: The last thing you want is a Dental Emergency the day of your wedding. See your Dentist. Perhaps tooth can be adjusted so it doesn't hit the opposing gum, and then removed after the wedding.
Answered on Jul 30, 2016