India

Are e cigarettes safe? if not, are they better than regular cigarettes and how? i want to quit smoking, my body doesn't need it but my mind wants it.

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
I do not: Trust industry for this. Your body does require that you quit. Smoking is slow suicide.
Dr. James Goodpaster
Dentistry 29 years experience
We Don't Know: No extensive studies have been done to test the safety or e-cigs vs regular cigs. It does seem to make sense to me that since they are a purer form of nicotine and do not have the additives they might be a safer alternative to use to stop smoking - like nicotine patches or gum. Also, some of the additives to tobacco can cause other types of cancer. That does not mean they are safe, just not as bad.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016