Elmwood Park, IL

just had a laporoscopic surgery about 5 days ago and i was wondering if smoking cannabis will affect it. im talking about bowl or bong hits only .

Pathology 49 years experience
Not a good idea: Weed is not good for you now nor will it be good later. Please refrain from it, being legal does not make is harmless. It will mess with your brain. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.
Slows healing: Smoking anything, including weed, decreases blood flow in tissues and can delay/impair healing. I know some surgeons who will not operate on smokers at all for this reason. If you must, try to cut back.It is your body and to serve you well it must heal.