Mexico

i quit smoking cannabis? since 4th day i have had troath discomfort and pleghm for 2 days. could this be cancer? im just 21. is it just paranoia?

Dr. Andrew Doe
Interventional Radiology 20 years experience
Probably not: When you smoke (cannabis, cigarettes, etc) the little hairs (cilia) in your respiratory tract get paralyzed. Thus, they don't move the secretions out of your lungs. Now that you've stopped, those cilia are "waking up" and getting rid of the secretions left in your lungs. This is the same reason smokers have a higher chance of pneumonia.
Dr. Martin Morell
Rheumatology 29 years experience
Right! Most of the epithelium (from the nose to the bronchi) is covered in pseudo stratified columnar ciliated epithelial cells that get affected by smoke irritants.
Feb 28, 2014