CT

had first part of root canal done. the side of the tooth still hurts. will this be taken care of at next visit or is there something else wrong?

Dr. Pavanjit Chhabra
Dentistry 19 years experience
Unlikely: Sounds like root canal not yet completed. So symptoms can occur. Once root canal is completed, symptoms will likely go away. Only then can you know if something else is wrong. But most likely nothing is wrong. Have the root canal completed sooner rather than later and make sure the tooth gets a filling or crown (which ever is needed) so the tooth is whole again.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Probably: Probably. Make sure you let DDS who started root canal your symptoms.