TX
A male asked:

Was taking clindamycin 150 mg 4 x day for 2 days now i have persistent diarrhea i stoped takeing it my pharmist told my to take imodium (loperamide) to stop ?

Dr. Katherine Caldwell
Diarrhea w/ antibx: This is a very common side-effect of antibiotics, but it doesn't mean you're allergic. Just that the normal bacteria in your gut are getting killed off and aren't able to help digest your food. You can use imodium (loperamide) to help firm your stools and stop the diarrhea. Read the package instructions and don't take too much. Then tell your Dr that you need something else for the infection s/he was treating
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 22, 2021