Aurora, CO

I was on lexapro (escitalopram) for a little over 2 months. i stopped taking it (don't need it, not depressed) it'sbeen 4 days. do i need to worry about withdrawal?

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Stopping Lexapro (escitalopram): I commend you for overcoming your Depression. Thank you for informing about Pancreatitis , C section, and Gallbladder removal. Feel Good about overcoming these stressors. Believe in Healing Powers of your Body. Since you took Lexapro (escitalopram) for 2 months, and are not depressed for 4 days after stopping Lexapro (escitalopram), it is unlikely to have withdrawals.
Neurology 53 years experience
Probably fine: The fact that so far you have not experienced emotional withdrawal suggests that your will do very well, BUT, you should notify your doctor of your intents and actions, if in fact, over next few weeks, a rebound of your depression occurs.

Last updated May 31, 2016