TX

my left big toe is swollen and there is blood and yellowish pus coming out from under it. very painful. what does this mean?

Dr. Munir Merchant
Anesthesiology 38 years experience
Pus: Your description seems to be infection of the left big toe. I recommend you to consult a surgeon to take necessary action.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
It's infected: You should see a foot doc who will drain it possibly remove the nail.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Paronychia...: You've given an excellent description of an infected, possibly ingrown, toenail. You can treat the nail now by soaking in warm water. This should soften and liquefy the blood and pus. Treatment means that a small section of the nail will have to be trimmed out and the infected tissue removed. Call a foot specialist to have the toe evaluated and fixed.

Last updated May 30, 2016