U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old female asked:

I have a bump on the back of my head on the left side by my ear and it hurts when i turn my head. should i go see a doctor about it?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Examination needed: A physician would need to examine this structure for diagnosis. It could be a bony exostosis which is benign or a simple cyst or even an enlarged lymph gland.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.