U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old female asked:

I think i have panic attacks... please help to get rid of the idea of death....

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Allan Goldstein
undefined 56 years experience
Get help: Having the idea of death means you need to see a mental health specialist. Please do this.
Dr. Andrew Poleszak
undefined 35 years experience
Some medications: Including antideprssants and antianxiolytics.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

Gainesville, FL
A 29-year-old female asked:

How can I naturally prevent panic attacks? How can I naturally get rid of panic attacks?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Charles Nemeroff
undefined 40 years experience
No.: Effective treatment of panic disorder requires either behavioral therapy and or medications such as certain antidepressants or benzodiazepines.
Dr. Imad Khreim
Dr. Imad Khreim commented
Psychiatry 39 years experience
Panic attacks do occure in almost all subtypes of anxiety disorders such as generlized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder PTSD and of course Panic Disorder. I agree with Dr. Nemeroff. though at our center we see best results when combining both medication and Cognitive therapy
Sep 10, 2013
A 48-year-old member asked:

What's usually recommended for getting rid of panic attacks?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 57 years experience
Relaxation Exercises: You can try relaxation exercises deep breathing and relaxation change your surrounding when getting attack, try drinking a glass of cold water, sing a song, listen to music, say a joke, make yourself laugh and get positive feelings you may need cognitive behavioral therapy/also called one more technique, it stops the release of acth from the pituitary if nothing helps take a traquilser, ;follow with md.
A 43-year-old female asked:

I am having panic attacks ehat can I do to ease it. Please help me.

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Breathe into bag: You may have been panting and that makes it worse. Breathing into a brown lunch bag - in and out - a few complete cycles gets your chemistry back in order. Find steps online. Also - for long term - find a good CBT therapist and they'll teach you skills to deal w/ this. If meds are needed the'll refer for that. Best!
A 45-year-old member asked:

Please help! what happens if I have a panic attack at the dentist?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
Try this:: Let the dentist ; his staff know how anxious you are beforehand. Breath in slowly ; deeply through your nostrils. Fill your lungs with air (but not to the point of discomfort). Hold for a count of five then slowly begin to exhale through an open mouth. Repeat at least 12 times, longer if you need to. If you haven't been assessed for your panic/ anxiety - that would be prudent. Take care.

Related questions

A 40-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 22-year-old female asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 18-year-old member asked:
4 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
A 20-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 25, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.