had ankle surgery 3 weeks ago havin really bad swelling in ankle & foot & have had a low grade fever of 99.2-99.7 for a few days should i be worried?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
44 years experience Podiatry
Contact the surgeon: Swelling is not unusual but if excessive could indicate a possible infection especially if you have been staying off of your foot/ankle and elevating. A low grade temperature is common after surgery. If it is just starting it could indicate a possible infection. Have your surgeon examine you to be sure.
Answered on Apr 25, 2016
2
Dr. Scott Keith
44 years experience Podiatry
Why RU waiting......: Let me put it this way. If I did surgery on you three weeks ago and you were having the symptoms stated, I would hope that you would call the office at once. These circumstances are part and parcel to the science of surgery and post operative care.
Answered on Apr 19, 2016
1