U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Have a small bump between nose and cheek on right side of my face, woke up this morning to a swollen cheek. is there anyway to bring the swelling down?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urgent Care 20 years experience
Icepack: Try using an icepack on your face. Use it for a few minutes, then let your face rest. Do not apply the ice directly to it but use a plastic bag with a napkin or other cloth. This should help the swelling go down. If you have significant facial swelling, it does not resolve, or you develop worsening symptoms, see your MD. Good luck.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Infection?: If the swelling is due to an infection, then antibiotics would be recommended. If the source of the infection is a rotten tooth, then you also need to be treated by a dentist. All the best....
Dr. Robert Douglas
Orthodontics 52 years experience
See yourDentist: You might have an infected tooth or gum causing the swelling. Your Dentist will sort it for you.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 13, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.