U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 57-year-old female asked:

I have burning throbbing pain in my right lower back/hip area. i had lower back surgery 1 1/2 years ago for this and other issues, but it did not help?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Followup: You might want to consider a followup appointment with your surgeon and/ or a second opinion. It really comes down to the specific cause for the pain you are having; it is at that point that appropriate treatment options can be chosen.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.