Millington, MI

Is it normal to have groin pain after hip replacement? 3 months out, a lot of groin pain. feels like it is at the iliac crest, a burning ache. bent leg/sitting worsens it. anterior approach. diflucan helped leg but not groin. pain prior to surgery

Dr. Donald Colantino
Not normal: Groin pain is a very common symptom of hip osteoarthritis and I wonder if you experienced it before hip replacement. I tend to think that your current discomfort is somehow related to the hip joint or surrounding structures. I don't see how diflucan, an antifungal medication, helped pain. See your orthopedic surgeon for evaluation and advice.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 20, 2020