KY

I was in an auto accident 9 weeks ago and basically shattered my pelvis. i have surgery and had pins out in and i'm still non weight barring. i'm having a burning sensation in my hip when i put my leg up and i'm not sure what could cause it.

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Urgent Care 21 years experience
Hardware Pain: I would recommend that you get in touch with the Orthopaedic Surgeon who performed the operation to stabilize your pelvis. There are many concerns after surgery such as hardware pain or hardware migration, refracture, and if you have had a high degree of immobility and have not taken DVT prophylaxis, you may need to be evaluated for that as well. Don't wait to call and schedule an appointment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 2, 2016