CT

i have a yeast infection and my doctor prescribed me a generic brand of diflucan (fluconazole). can i drink wine while taking this medication? the wine is 5% alch.

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 23 years experience
Not a great idea: Wine or alcohol is metabolized through the liver, and fluconazole also depends on the liver for processing. You don't want to over do it, so the professional advice here is to abstain. You want to get better and get this infection over with, rather than cause some other problems like liver damage. Sorry but that's the truth as I see it. Call your doc if you have other major concerns.