Swannanoa, NC

I was cleaning the floor on my knees and my left knee popped towards the side while the right never made a popping sound. is it normal for one knee to pop and not the other when they are in the same position? confused why one popped and not the other

Dr. Edward Seegers
Knees popped: hello- the knees are not perfectly anatomically the same and so you probably leaned a little more on one side and it popped. The popping comes from cartilage or perhaps the pre-patella bursa. It may get red and painful and go see your doc if it does. thanks
Last updated Apr 5, 2016