U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old male asked:

Having pain in chest when swallowing food/drinks for ~week. saw doc & prescribed heart burn meds, but isn't helping. pain seems more constant now. ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Charles Gordon
Specializes in Adolescent Medicine
Got wrong diagnosis: If the pain is coming from your esophagus because of reflux from your stomach make sure you take some liquid antacid which will neutralize the acid on the way down to your stomach. If the pain is coming from your stomach food of any sort will initially help. Ulcers can be treated with 2 antibiotics and an antacid in about 5-6 weeks. If not better U may need gastroscopy. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 26, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.