my chest is hurting very bad even to take a swallow of drink after moving to a downstairs apt from upstairs it burns is it a heart attack.im 44y old m?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Gregory Gilbert
22 years experience Emergency Medicine
Call 911: I wouldn't take a chance. Call 911. You should get checked out. Drinking water causing pain is atypical, but chest pain after strenuous exercise is very concerning.
Answered on Aug 3, 2014
Dr. Stanley Ling
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Chest pains: Any chest pains is always a concern. I would consult a physician to make sure that this is not a heart issue.
Answered on Aug 3, 2014
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
56 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Rush to doc: One can't tell from the description if this is just a case of heart burns or a heart attack. Rush to your doctor or ER now even though it may just be a case of reflux. In the meanwhile, take an ASA tablet and perhaps try some Pepcid (famotidine) AC.
Answered on May 30, 2018
Dr. Josette Boukhalil-laklak
Need to go to ER: any chest pain with activity is of concern of a cardiac problem. You need to go to the ER and be checked to rule out a heart attack
Answered on Aug 3, 2014