U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

Anyone know what is a pain medicine that will could you help me with my fibromyalgia pains and migraines?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 45 years experience
See below: Best advise for you would be to go and see your doc, as one needs to start you on nsaids or other meds, depending on prior use, allergies/adverse effects of meds that you might have used, whether it worked for you or not for you. I am sure he/she would give you better advise to suit your particular situation. Good luck!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Annette Da Silva
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 27 years experience
there are several medications which work on nerve pain: however, their are other options besides medicines which may have little or no side effects such as trigger point injections and or acupuncture. You may want to seek out these treatments instead.
Apr 8, 2013
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Dr. Tariq Niazi commented
Orthopedic Surgery 45 years experience
Provided original answer
Thanks Dr Da Silva, for completing my answer. It can be difficult to write a complete answer by using onpy 400 words. Thanks.
Apr 8, 2013
Last updated Apr 8, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.