United Kingdom

I get a pain/swelling on both of my palms from the side of my pinky to my thumb. it can be painful to use and sometimes spreads to my wrists and arms?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Inflammation: This appears to be an inflammatory reaction to either overuse or an actual arthritic inflammation. Spreading to wrists and arms is unusual and concerning. Is there any association with occupational activities or household duties? Anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen as well as warm soaks may relieve your symptoms, but I recommend that you see your MD or a rheumatologist for evaluation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 20, 2016