United Kingdom

I got sunburned on my leg. my skin has turned slightly shiny. is this a good sign? it looks like it's it may become dead skin

Dr. Adam Bodian
Dermatology 35 years experience
Hydrate: After a sun burn, always try to hydrate the skin. Drink plenty of water. When you get out of the shower, while your skin is still soaking wet, rub in baby oil for 20 seconds, then towel dry. In addition, next time you get a sun burn, take 2 asperin (not tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen) every 6 hours for the first day. If it is a bad burn, then go see your dr immediately

Last updated Apr 1, 2019