U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

My wbc is 30.4 (30,000). i'm 35 years old. what does this mean. is it possible that the test could be wrong?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Unlikely: All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Having said that, it is unlikely that the test result is wrong, unless your blood was mixed up with someone else's. Do contact your doctor for a follow-up.
Last updated Mar 11, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.