A member asked:

I spilled a harsh chemical on my big toe a couple years ago and now it's only numb in the top corner only & rest is fine. could it b from the cleaner?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Jayshree Chander answered

Specializes in Holistic Medicine

Remote exposure: If the numbness has only started now it is unlikely to be related to a chemical exposure from two years ago.

Answered 3/10/2016

1.5k views

Thank
Dr. Alvin Lin answered

Maybe (not) . . .: Yes, I suppose harsh chemical spilled years ago on your toe could make part of it numb. But since you didn't mention specific chemical, I can't give you more specific reason. However, it's also more likely that you're describing diabetic neuropathy. Even vitamin B12 deficiency can cause numbness & tingling. Nerve entrapment, too eg tarsal tunnel syndrome. Bottom line, go see your Family Doc.

Answered 4/3/2016

1.5k views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more