Turkey
A male asked:

A street cat scracht me 3 days ago then i get my first vaccine then i kissed with my girlfriend is it possible to pass rabies to her ? scracht on hand

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 25 years experience
No risk of spread: Good you are getting treatment after a possible rabies exposure. Can they find the cat that scratched u? That would be very helpful to determine the best course of treatment for you. Don't worry though-you are NO RISK to anyone at this time because you don't have an actual rabies infection. You can't infect someone if you don't have the disease. In your case, you're preventing rabies-which is good
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 18, 2022