NC
A male asked:

I was having sinus problems earlier today. my ear started hurting and now it hurts a lot especially when i yawn burp or hiccup or studf like that?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Ear ache: If there is congestion in the back of the nasal passages the eustachian tube leading to the ear gets blocked and this builds up pressure in the middle ear causing pain. Treatment consists of nasal irrigation and decongestant sprays to unblock that tube. An actual middle ear infection is another cause of earache and an examination of the ear would be required for diagnosis.

Last updated Sep 7, 2018