ripped the webbing that connects my tongue to my mouth. i did it 3 hours ago. it hurts badly but doesn't look as bad, swollen, or purple.

Dr. Randy Baker
39 years experience Holistic Medicine
Should heal but...: Ouch! That webbing is called the frenulum. If it continues to bleed then go the ER or urgent care to get stitches, but as long as it's no longer bleeding it should heal fine.Avoid moving your tongue too much.Some ice might relieve pain; you could also try Tylenol (acetaminophen) and the homeopathic remedy Arnica. The mucous membranes of our mouth heal remarkably quickly so it should feel much better by tomorrow.
Answered on Feb 28, 2016
1