A member asked:

Hi i would like to know how to get my tasted buds back. i eat this toxic waste candy and it made my tasted buds come off. how do i get them back? but

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. John Michel answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Ths is very unusual but may need to see someone such as ent. They may be able to look very carefully at the tongue papilla and see if there is severe damage such as chemical burns and scarring to the tongue. If so , you may not be able to regain the taste buds. An oral surgeon would also be ok.

Answered Feb 29, 2020



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor