Saudi Arabia

is it ok for a 52 yrs old male in good health to run or should get some tests done first to ensure all is ok.

Dr. Sylvie Stacy
Preventive Medicine 10 years experience
It’s Probably Okay: There are no specific tests that need to be completed before a healthy male in his 50s starts running. If he has not been feeling well for any reason, has been diagnosed with any diseases, or has a family history of any diseases, it would be a good idea to talk with a doctor before starting a new exercise regimen. Either way, he should start out slowly and work up in speed and miles over time.