United Kingdom

what is a partial denture bearing?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Vague: The question was pretty vague, not clearly stated, and in my opinion, didn't show enough information. Could you please paraphrase or interpret that sentence?
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Denture bearing: A dental prosthetic (tooth replacement device) can gain support either from teeth or edentulous areas (no teeth present). If it used teeth to hole it in place it is called "tooth bearing". If it merely rests on the gums it is called "denture bearing". A partial denture can use both teeth and gums to help support and hold it in place.