Springfield, IL
A 19-year-old male asked about a 19-year-old male:

I was going on stairs, my heart was racing which gets me anxious then face/head and hand tingles and feels like pricking everywhere?vanish after rest

Dr. Donald Colantino
Heart rate: It's normal for the heart rate to increase and become more forceful when climbing stairs. You have an anxiety reaction when you feel your heart beat. It would be important to take your pulse and see what the heart rate is during your symptoms and how long it takes to return to normal. A rate of 100 or less is not unusual and if it subsides within a few minutes, you are ok. See your physician also.
Last updated Feb 17, 2016