GA

I have a white bump on both sides of my tongue. they came on different nights while i was sleep. i jump up out my sleep. the pain felt like i bit my t?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
That's possible: It is possibly related to bruxism or grinding/clenching of your teeth, which is not that uncommon. Sometimes you can nip the side of your tongue....then it swells and is more easily bitten again. Bruxism is considered a sleep-disorder related to unconscious muscle contraction. Dental treatments include mouth guards or correction of your bite. Stress management and muscle relaxants may also help.
Last updated Feb 17, 2016